Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cardiology Clinics
- NSCA’s essentials of tactical strength and conditioning.1st edition. Human Kinetics, Champaign (IL)2017
- The tactical athlete: a product of 21st century strength and conditioning.Strength Cond J. 2015; 37: 2-7
- 16th Bethesda Conference: cardiovascular abnormalities in the athlete: recommendations regarding eligibility for competition.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1985; 6: 1186-1232
- Optimizing health, wellness, and performance of the tactical athlete.Curr Sports Med Rep. 2020; 19: 70-75
Friedl KE, Knapik JJ, Kkinen KH, et al. Perspectives on aerobic and strength influences on military physical readiness: report of an international military physiology roundtable. J Strength Cond Res. 29(11S):S10-S23.
- Textbook of work physiology: physiological bases of exercises.4th edition. Human Kinetics, Champaign (IL)2003: 503-540
- Cardiovascular disease and risk factors in law enforcement personnel: a comprehensive review.Cardiol Rev. 2012; 20: 159-166
- Effects of personal protective equipment on metabolism and performance during an occupational physical ability test for federal highway police officers.J Strength Cond Res. 2020; 34: 1093-1102
- What do firefighting ability tests tell us about firefighter physical fitness? A systematic review of the current evidence.J Strength Cond Res. 2020; 34: 2093-2103
- Effect of strenuous live-fire drills on cardiovascular and psychological responses of recruit firefighters.Ergonomics. 2001; 44: 244-254
- Physical evidence of police officer stress.Polic Int J Police Strateg Manag. 2002; 25: 399-420
- Exercise and Acute cardiovascular events: placing the risks into perspective: a scientific statement from the american heart association council on nutrition, physical activity, and metabolism and the council on clinical cardiology.Circulation. 2007; 115: 2358-2368
- Triggering of sudden death from cardiac causes by vigorous exertion.N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 1355-1361
- Clinical implications for exercise at altitude among individuals with cardiovascular disease: a scientific statement from the american heart association.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10: e023225
- Sleeping altitude and sudden cardiac death.Am Heart J. 2013; 166: 71-75
- Load carriage for the tactical operator: impacts and conditioning - a review.J Aust Strength Cond. 2012; 20: 23-28
- Diving medicine.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014; 189: 1479-1486
- Diving medicine: a review of current evidence.J Am Board Fam Med. 2009; 22: 399-407
- Effects of physical and apnea training on apneic time and the diving response in humans.Eur J Appl Physiol. 2000; 82: 161-169
- Deaths associated with occupational diving--Alaska, 1990-1997.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 1998; 47: 452-455
- Long-term spaceflight and the cardiovascular system.Precis Clin Med. 2020; 3: 284-291
- Impact of prolonged spaceflight on orthostatic tolerance during ambulation and blood pressure profiles in astronauts.Circulation. 2019; 140: 729-738
- Additional cardiac remodeling induced by intense military training in competitive athletes.Int J Cardiovasc Sci. 2018; 31: 209-217
- Athlete’s heart in asian military males: the chief heart study.Front Cardiovasc Med. 2021; 8: 1-829
- Sudden death in young adults: a 25-year review of autopsies in military recruits.Ann Intern Med. 2004; 141: 829-834
- Incidence, cause, and comparative frequency of sudden cardiac death in national collegiate athletic association athletes: a decade in review.Circulation. 2015; 132: 10-19
- 2020 health of the force (U.S. Army public health center website).(Available at:)Accessed March 21, 2022)
- Prevalence of obesity, Type II diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidemia, and hypertension in the United States: findings from the ge centricity electronic medical record database.Popul Health Manag. 2010; 13: 151-161
- Law enforcement duties and sudden cardiac death among police officers in United States: case distribution study.BMJ. 2014; 349: g6534
- Emergency duties and deaths from heart disease among firefighters in the United States.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1207-1215
- Incidence of sudden cardiac death in a young active population.J Am Heart Assoc. 2015; 4: e001818
- Extreme sacrifice: sudden cardiac death in the US Fire Service.Extreme Physiol Med. 2013; 2: 1-9
Vanchiere C, Thirumal R, Hendrani A, et al. Association Between Atrial Fibrillation and Occupational Exposure in Firefighters Based on Self-Reported Survey Data. 14. 2 (6), 1-9.
- Beyond the bruce protocol: advanced exercise testing for the sports cardiologist.Cardiol Clin. 2016; 34: 603-608
- Diagnostic yield of customized exercise provocation following routine testing.Am J Cardiol. 2019; 123: 2044-2050
- Medical services: standards of medical fitness.Defense Technical Information Center, 2002https://doi.org/10.21236/ADA402408
- An introduction to aviation cardiology.Heart. 2019; 105: s3-s8
- Cardiovascular screening for pilots, aircrew, and high performance & spaceflight passengers.REACH. 2021; 21-22: 100040
- Eligibility and disqualification recommendations for competitive athletes with cardiovascular abnormalities: task force 1: classification of sports: dynamic, static, and impact.Circulation. 2015; 132: e262-e266
- Shared decision making for athletes with cardiovascular disease: practical considerations.Curr Sports Med Rep. 2019; 18: 76-81
- Association of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality with high levels of physical activity and concurrent coronary artery calcification.JAMA Cardiol. 2019; 4: 174-181
- Astronaut cardiovascular health and risk modification (Astro-CHARM) coronary calcium atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease risk calculator.Circulation. 2018; 138: 1819-1827
Disclosure Statement: The authors have nothing to disclose.