Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Thyroid disease and the heart.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2016; 41: 65-92
- Endocrine disorders and cardiovascular disease.in: Bonow R.O. Mann D.L. Zipes D.P. Braunwald’s heart disease. 10th edition. WB Saunders and Company, St. Louis, MO2014: 1793-1808 ([Chapter 81])
- Thyroid disease and the heart.Circulation. 2007; 116: 1725-1735
- Thyroid hormone metabolism in patients with congestive heart failure: the low triiodothyronine state.Thyroid. 2002; 12: 511-515
- Aggressive case finding: a clinical strategy for the documentation of thyroid dysfunction.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 311-312
- Triiodothyronine-mediated myosin heavy chain gene transcription in the heart.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003; 284: H2255-H2262
- Thyroid hormone and the cardiovascular system.Med Clin North Am. 2012; 96: 257-268
- Tissue-specific thyroid hormone deprivation and excess in monocarboxylate transporter (Mct) 8-deficient mice.Endocrinology. 2009; 150: 4450-4458
- Cellular action of thyroid hormone on the heart.Thyroid. 2002; 12: 447-452
- Nongenomic actions of thyroid hormone on the heart.Thyroid. 2002; 12: 459-466
- Changes in thyroid hormone metabolism and gene expression in the failing heart: therapeutic implications.in: Iervasi G. Pingitore A. Thyroid and heart failure, from pathophysiology to clinics. Springer-Verlag, Milan, Italy2009: 97-107 ([Chapter 10])
- Thyroid-hormone-induced alterations in phospholamban protein expression: regulatory effects on sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ transport and myocardial relaxation.Circ Res. 1994; 75: 245-251
- Hyperthyroidism and the management of atrial fibrillation.Thyroid. 2002; 12: 489-493
- Direct vasomotor effect of thyroid hormones on rat skeletal muscle resistance arteries.Anesth Analg. 1997; 85: 734-738
- Impaired endothelium-dependent vasodilatation in subclinical hypothyroidism: beneficial effect of levothyroxine therapy.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 3731-3737
- Thyroid hormone activates Akt and prevents serum starvation-induced cell death in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005; 39: 841-844
- Alterations in cardiac contractility and gene expression during low-T3 syndrome: prevention with T3.Am J Physiol. 1997; 273: E951-E956
- Thyroid hormone and the cardiovascular system.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 501-509
- Low-T3 syndrome: a strong prognostic predictor of death in patients with heart disease.Circulation. 2003; 107: 708-713
- The low triiodothyronine syndrome: a strong predictor of low cardiac output and death in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting.Ann Thorac Surg. 2014; 97: 2089-2095
- Prevalence and clinical implications of abnormal thyroid hormone metabolism in advanced heart failure.Ann Thorac Surg. 1993; 56: S48-S53
- Altered hormone metabolism in advanced heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1990; 16: 91-95
- Induced illness in interleukin-6 (IL-6) knock-out mice: causal role of IL-6 in the development of the low 3,5,3’-triiodothyronine syndrome.Endocrinology. 1996; 137: 5250-5254
- Thyroid disease and the cardiovascular system.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2014; 43: 517-528
- Induction of type 1 iodothyronine deiodinase to prevent the nonthyroidal illness syndrome in mice.Endocrinology. 2006; 147: 3580-3585
- Relationship between triiodothyronine and proinflammatory cytokines in chronic heart failure.Biomed Pharmacother. 2010; 64: 165-169
- The molecular basis of the non-thyroidal illness syndrome.J Endocrinol. 2015; 225: R67-R81
- A low fT3 level as a prognostic marker in patients with acute myocardial infarctions.Intern Med. 2012; 51: 3009-3015
- Association of serum triiodothyronine with B-type natriuretic peptide and severe left ventricular diastolic dysfunction in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction.Am J Cardiol. 2012; 110: 234-239
- Thyroid hormone treatment to mend a broken heart.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 1172-1174
- Acute effects of triiodothyronine (T3) replacement therapy in patients with chronic heart failure and low-T3 syndrome: a randomized, placebo-controlled study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 1351-1358
- Physiological replacement of T3 improves left ventricular function in an animal model of myocardial infarction-induced congestive heart failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2009; 2: 243-252
- Association between increased mortality and mild thyroid dysfunction in cardiac patients.Arch Intern Med. 2007; 167: 1526-1532
- Brain natriuretic peptide in plasma as predictor of all-cause mortality in a large Danish primary health care population suspected of heart failure.Clin Chem. 2018; 64: 1723-1731
- Impact of triiodothyronine and N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide on the long-term survival of critically ill patients with acute heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 2014; 113: 845-850
- Hypothyroidism and atherosclerosis.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 2438-2444
- Levothyroxine replacement in hypothyroid humans reduces myocardial lipid load and improves cardiac function.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014; 99: E2341-E2346
- Use of the thyroid hormone analogue eprotirome in statin-treated dyslipidemia.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 906-916
- Two cases of statin-induced myopathy caused by induced hypothyroidism.Endocr Pract. 2008; 14: 726-731
- Role of thyroid disease in the development of statin-induced myopathy.Endocrinologist. 2006; 16: 279-285
- Alterations in thyroid hormones which accompany cardiovascular disease.Clin Thyroidol. 2009; 21: 3-5
This article originally appeared in Heart Failure Clinics, Volume 16, Issue 1, January 2020.
Disclosure Statement: I. Klein is an advisor to LioTriDevelopment Corp. S. Danzi has nothing to disclose.