The ECG diagnosis of myocardial infarction (MI) and ischemia in pacemaker patients can be challenging. Many of the criteria are insensitive, but the diagnosis can be made in a limited number of cases because of the high specificity of some of the criteria.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Cardiology Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Electrocardiographic diagnosis of myocardial infarction during ventricular pacing.Cardiol Clin. 1987; 5: 403-417
- Electrocardiographic diagnosis of myocardial infarction in the presence of complete left bundle branch block.Am Heart J. 1988; 116: 23-31
- St-qR pattern. New sign of diagnosis of anterior myocardial infarction during right ventricular pacing.Br Heart J. 1973; 35: 1161-1165
- Electrocardiographic diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction during ventricular pacing.Circulation. 1998; 97: 2274-2275
- ECG and VCG diagnosis of infarction in pacemaker dependent patients.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1985; 8 ([abstract]): A-16
- Diagnosis of myocardial infarction in patients during right ventricular pacing.Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 1981; 23: 68-72
- Predictive accuracy of criteria for chronic myocardial infarction in pacing-induced left bundle branch block.Am J Cardiol. 1985; 57: 1255-1260
- The pacing electrogram. How important is the QRS complex configuration?.Clin Prog Electrophysiol. 1986; 4: 112-136
- Electrocardiographic appearance of old myocardial infarction in paced patients.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2002; 25: 1061-1065
- The nonspecificity of ST-segment elevation > or = 5.0 mm in V1–V3 in the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in the presence of ventricular paced rhythm.J Electrocardiol. 2004; 37: 135-1359
- Early electrocardiographic diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in the presence of a ventricular paced rhythm.Am J Cardiol. 1996; 77: 423-424
- Recent advances in the electrocardiographic diagnosis of myocardial infarction: left bundle branch block and pacing.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1996; 19: 1370-1379
- Angiographic significance of a discordant ST-segment elevation of ≥5 millimeters in patients with ventricular-paced rhythm and acute myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2002; 90: 1240-1243
- Electrocardiographic diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in the presence of ventricular paced rhythm.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2001; 24: 1289-1290
- Diagnosis of myocardial ischemia during ventricular pacing.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2000; 23: 1060-1061
- Electrocardiographic recognition of variant angina during permanent pacing.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1983; 6: 99-103
- First and second degree blocks (Wenckebach type) during right ventricular stimulation in the course of Prinzmetal's angina.Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss. 1979; 72: 385-390
- Electrocardiographic evidence of ischemia during ventricular paced rhythms.Clin Cardiol. 1996; 19: 520-522
- Electrocardiographic changes subsequent to artificial ventricular depolarization.Br Heart J. 1969; 31: 770-779
- Cardiac memory.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1999; 22: 1672-1679
- What is cardiac memory?.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2000; 11: 1289-1293
- Cardiac memory. Mechanisms, and clinical application.Heart Rhythm. 2005; 2: 1376-1382
- Changes in cardiac repolarization following short periods of ventricular pacing.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 1998; 9: 269-280
- Temporal characteristics of cardiac memory in humans: vectorcardiographic quantification in a model of cardiac pacing.Heart Rhythm. 2005; 2: 28-34
- Role of L-type calcium channels in pacing-induced short-term and long-term cardiac memory in canine heart.Circulation. 2003; 107: 2844-2849
- The cAMP response element binding protein modulates expression of the transient outward current: implications for cardiac memory.Cardiovasc Res. 2005; 68: 259-267
- T-vector direction differentiates postpacing from ischemic T-wave inversion in precordial leads.Circulation. 2005; 111: 969-974
© 2006 Elsevier Inc. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.